The Decision Support Toolset is a unique set of intuitive tools to inform and guide investors, technology developers, businesses, policy makers and researchers on micro and macro algae cultivation, featuring:
- Maps of algae stakeholders, potential production sites and algae cultivation in North West Europe
- A growth modelling tool based on real algae physiology data
- An economic model for various cultivation & downstream processing methods including biofuel production
- A 3D walkthrough demonstration of the algal cultivation process
- Country reports containing policy & regulatory information supporting new algae investment initiatives
- Best practice guides and standard operating procedures on algae cultivation
The Decision Support System has been developed as part of the EnAlgae (Energetic Algae) project, co-funded by the EU funded Interreg IVB programme and led by Swansea University in partnership with 18 partners across North West Europe.